We try to maintain very reasonable membership rates as we hope researchers will continue their membership for many years. Your fees help us to maintain the Society and to continue to expand our services.
Benefits of your membership
- Access: you can ask our volunteers for information that they may be able to assist with your research. Please bear in mind that we do not contract to do research for others, we simply act as facilitators for researchers who are doing their own research.
- Findmypast Discount: members can obtain a discount on new subscriptions.
- Newsletters: published 3 times per year with many interesting articles on people and places throughout Dumfriesshire, Kirkcudbrightshire and Wigtownshire. There is an online Index of all Newsletters.
- Pedigree Charts: in addition to requesting a chart, you can submit a chart to our Surnames Database which is searchable online.
- Members Interests: You are allowed to list your interests in our Newsletter, FREE of charge.
- Old Parish Registers on film
- Parish Boxes: individual boxes containing newspaper articles, photos, small booklets on each parish.
- Research Centre Resources:
- Census’ 1841-1901
- Fiche of various records
- Memorial Inscriptions Database
- Memorial Inscriptions hard copies covering 111 graveyards;
- Newspapers on fiche with hard copy indexes:
- Dumfries Standard 1777-1925
- Wigtown Free Press 1843-1925
- Volunteer: If you live within travelling distance you can volunteer to help in our Research Centre
- Zoom Online Talks: see Syllabus.
Whilst you do not need to be a member to access the following, we also have available:
- Graveyard Locations
- Graveyard Photographic Project: You may wish to volunteer taking graveyard photos.
- Graveyard Transcription Project: You may wish to volunteer to transcribe our graveyard photos.
- Maps: of our three historic counties.
- Online Shop
- Publications List: including hardcopy versions not available in our Online Shop.